PURPOSE & RESPONSIBILITIES
The In2Risk Committee provides recommendations for the CPCU Society’s In2Risk conference that result in high quality educational opportunities, delivers one-of-a-kind attendee experience, builds value, and creates an environment that will develop, connect and build relationships between those who work collaboratively in the diverse sectors of insurance and risk management. The Committee also provides input and recommendations into strategies for growing employer support for members, new designees, and all professionals to engage in the entire In2Risk program. Review the full committee charter.
- Identify trends, topics and emerging issues that are of the highest interest to members and future members for presentation at In2Risk. Share these suggestions on an ongoing basis.
- Review and rank education proposals received. Recommend modifications to proposals to create the highest quality program.
- Brainstorm with staff regarding program features that would enhance the attractiveness of the meeting to additional audiences.
- Provide recommendations and input on other sessions speakers.
- Assist in formalizing standards for engaging Interest Groups in the proposal process, including providing constructive feedback on submissions.
- Provide suggestions on how to market In2Risk (ex. partnering with local chapters).
- Specifically, provide insights and feedback into In2Risk marketing strategies in alignment with the goals of increasing traditional/non-traditional attendance and employer support.
- Provide recommendations and input on In2Risk Good Works opportunities.
- Serve as “In2Risk ambassadors” to spread awareness of the meeting within your organization and local chapter. Report back to the Committee on efforts.
- During the event, attend assigned educational sessions, evaluate speakers, and provide feedback. Committee members may also be asked to introduce speakers and sessions, as needed.
- Following the meeting, provide overall feedback from the conference to the staff liaisons.
ACCOUNTABILITY & TERMS:
- The In2Risk Committee reports to the Leadership Council.
- In2Risk Committee members meet virtually at least four times per year and at In2Risk and Leadership Summit. The committee may also conduct some of its business by e-mail.
- A majority of the members of the Committee shall constitute a quorum for the transaction of business, and the affirmative vote of a majority of those present shall be necessary for any action by the Committee.
- In2Risk Committee members are appointed to a two-year term and may serve an additional one year term for a maximum of three years.
SELECTION PROCESS & QUALIFICATIONS:
In2Risk Committee members are identified through an open call for qualified volunteers. Selection is based on the following qualifications:
- Interest in serving on the In2Risk Committee.
- A CPCU Society member.
- Demonstrates knowledge or interest in emerging industry trends and adult learning principals.
- Must be available March/April to review session proposals.
- Able to attend the Leadership Summit and In2Risk.
- Ability to work independently and virtually to complete deliverables as required by the Society.
- Demonstrates honesty, sensitivity to and tolerance of differing views, a friendly, responsive and patient approach, community building skills, a sense of humor and a concern for the development of the CPCU Society.
- Maintains confidentiality on advance information received such as registration numbers, educational sessions, and other meeting details.